Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What I have learned so far

So halfway through my stay in Malawi. Felt like I have been here for years, I think that is partly due to all that I have learned in such a short stay here at Kusamala. This is just a short list of some of the many things I am doing/learning here at the centre...


minibuses are crowded and unreliable... and constantly run out of gas.


possibly one of my favorite things...watching the first leaves come out of the seed pod. how cool!



Malawian weddings are far more superior to American ones.. everyone literally throws money everywhere. 


Bee-keeping is a dangerous activity.


Chicks are my new obsession.


The man who sleeps on the couch at the entrance is actually our security guard


I live in the jungle with wild boars.

Branches are key to fighting wild fires.


Lake Malawi is beautiful.




Don't chew on sugarcane with your front teeth (Thank God it only cost 30 dollars to get my tooth fixed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment